- Condell accuses the current Labour government of pandering to the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB) which I could almost stomach if the National Secular Society didn't have 7 Labour MPs as well as some Lib Dem and Green Party MPs amongst the Honarary Associates it lists proudly. Not forgetting the peers, MEPs and members of the media who are also listed. The MCB simply can't muster that kind of heavyweight political and media savvy clout.
- Condell thinks the Muslim vote is too important to Labour, but Muslims make up about 3.1% of the UK population. What planet is he on. I also found out some cold hard facts based upon local election results, which you'll see in the video.
- There are several instances where Condell takes quotes out of context, and I managed to find the actual interview he was ranting about. Now. I never thought that the MCB represented me as a Muslim, and there is no doubt that whenever an MCB spokesperson gets on the news they never come across well, but a bit of media training would sort that. But to take a simple quote and mangle and distort it is beyond reason, so I've pointed out where Condell does that.
- Condell seems to have forgotten his roots as an 'Irish Catholic' which he revealed in an interview with Time Out. So I discuss how this might affect his attitude towards immigrants, being as his family must have come to the UK from Ireland at some point.
- Condell insists that Muslims were not invited to this country, but I point out that the East India Trading Company might have had a hand in that, by employing people and bringing them to the UK to fill in skills gaps. Was that not an open invitation?
I think his delivery is very practiced, and the way he jumps from one subject to another entirely unrelated subject is amazing, and it is this device that he uses to deflect his viewers from seeking out the truth. If you look like you know enough about a subject, and you deliver a good spiel, it seems people will swallow everything you have to say! But what do you do when the facts don't suport what you are saying?
Whilst I was posting this video I noticed that Condell posted something on Scientology. It was weird, realising that we were both crafting videos for YouTube at exactly the same time.
Anyway. Please watch the video and let me know what you think.